ILMINSTER NEWS: Gully cleaning to start in Ilminster

SOMERSET County Council has announced that it will start gully cleaning on Monday (September 11, 2017) in Ilminster in a bid to reduce the further threat of flooding.
The council’s cleaning unit will be starting at 7am to enable cones to be put out on the parking bays in East Street.
The unit will then set up in Ditton Street in the one way section and for this traffic will be temporarily diverted around Canal Way.
The unit will then proceed towards Lister Hill, New Road, High Street and Blackdown View.
When East Street is completed the cones will be moved to Silver Street and other areas of on-street parking in the town where gullies need cleaning.
A council spokesman said: “We will only cone one section of parking at a time, so that the whole of Ilminster is not blocked out at the same time.
“This work is likely to take several days so there will be an element of jumping around the town to complete the work.”
People are advised that there will be an element of disruption albeit only over several days.
The news comes following calls for the county council to do something after the last bad flooding incident in the town earlier this year in July, while there were more problems following heavy rain on Sunday (September 3, 2017).
The county council has said that it is carrying out a thorough investigation into flooding issues in Ilminster and a report is expected to be published before Christmas this year.
Tags:
News.
Recent Posts
ILMINSTER NEWS: Coffee morning raises an amazing amount of money!
ILMINSTER NEWS: Actor James Purefoy to switch-on Ilminster’s Christmas lights
Coronation of King Charles III
RIP Queen Elizabeth II – who served the UK and Commonwealth with such distinction
ILMINSTER NEWS: We must all keep the community spirit shining bright in Ilminster
ILMINSTER NEWS: More 20mph speed limit signs are needed in town centre say residents
ILMINSTER NEWS: Organ concert at The Minster will be one not to be missed
ILMINSTER NEWS: Cash point explosion rocks Ilminster town centre
ILMINSTER NEWS: Swanmead headteacher devastated at council’s decision
ILMINSTER NEWS: Council makes “significant milestone” for education future
ILMINSTER NEWS: Swanmead governors are shocked and angry over planned education changes
COMPETITION: Sophy’s great New Year giveaway competition
SOUTH SOMERSET NEWS: Julie remembers the Munich tragedy of the Busby Babes
ILMINSTER NEWS: Have YOUR say NOW on controversial school changes
ILMINSTER NEWS: Council ploughing ahead with controversial school changes

















