ILMINSTER NEWS: Janet wants to Take That and party with Gary Barlow for her 40th

TAKE That superfan Janet Morton knows that she will be top of the pops in Ilminster if music superstar Gary Barlow comes to sing at her forthcoming 40th birthday.
The singer made a habit of turning up to serenade newlyweds in 2015, but this year the Take That frontman has come up with a different way of treating his most loyal fans.
The former X Factor judge announced on Twitter he will perform at fans’ milestone birthday bashes in 2016.
Fans who are celebrating a “big birthday” this year such as 21, 40, 50 or even 100 are being urged to show their dedication to Gary – and a select few will be chosen for a once-in-a-lifetime performance.
But those wanting to have the Take That man at their party have to impress him on social media with a campaign.
Step forward Ilminster’s very own Janet who has been telling all of her family, friends and local community to get involved in the bid to get the singer to her 40th birthday.
PHOTO – TOP: Take That frontman Gary Barlow and (inset) Janet Morton pointing out Gary on the front of an old Take That album to children at Manor Court School.
PHOTO – RIGHT: Gary Barlow’s messages on social media Twitter about his plan to attend “big birthday” celebrations of his fans.
She has been busy working on her campaign by tweeting @GaryBarlow with the hashtag #getgarytojanets40th and is asking others to do the same with her own Twitter name @TTandPrty.
But Janet, who works as a teacher at Manor Court Primary School in Chard, has not got long – her birthday is on April 9, 2016, just a few weeks away – to persuade the Take That singer that her birthday is one to attend.
Janet, who has lived in Ilminster since 2003 and previously worked at SwanmeadSchool, said: “I love it here – wouldn’t want to live anywhere else.
“I’ve loved Take That and Gary, in particular, since 1994 and when I heard about him wanting to come to help celebrate fans’ special birthdays – I knew I just had to do something to try and persuade him to come to mine.”
Last weekend she went round Ilminster town centre photographing shopkeepers and shoppers holding up a sign encouraging the singer to come to her birthday bash.
“People in the town were great when I went round on Saturday asking them to support my campaign and they agreed with me it would be fab if Gary did come,” she said.
“I want Gary to come because I think he’s great, but Ilminster is such a wonderful place for him to visit.”
“My husband Steve says he fully supports me in all of this – even though he thinks I’m crazy! He’s also said that he hopes Gary doesn’t take out a restraining order!”
Janet and Steve have been together since 1997 so he knows all about his wife’s love affair with Take That.
“We got married in 2010 at the Square and Compass,” added Janet. “Barry Paul (well-known local Elvis tribute singer) was our evening entertainment and he very kindly played the Take That song Rule the World at the end of the night. It was very special.”











PHOTOS – ABOVE: Janet has been gaining the support of her local Ilminster community in her campaign to #getgarytojanets40th. Here are just some of the photos she has collected.
Tags:
News.
Recent Posts
ILMINSTER NEWS: Coffee morning raises an amazing amount of money!
ILMINSTER NEWS: Actor James Purefoy to switch-on Ilminster’s Christmas lights
Coronation of King Charles III
RIP Queen Elizabeth II – who served the UK and Commonwealth with such distinction
ILMINSTER NEWS: We must all keep the community spirit shining bright in Ilminster
ILMINSTER NEWS: More 20mph speed limit signs are needed in town centre say residents
ILMINSTER NEWS: Organ concert at The Minster will be one not to be missed
ILMINSTER NEWS: Cash point explosion rocks Ilminster town centre
ILMINSTER NEWS: Swanmead headteacher devastated at council’s decision
ILMINSTER NEWS: Council makes “significant milestone” for education future
ILMINSTER NEWS: Swanmead governors are shocked and angry over planned education changes
COMPETITION: Sophy’s great New Year giveaway competition
SOUTH SOMERSET NEWS: Julie remembers the Munich tragedy of the Busby Babes
ILMINSTER NEWS: Have YOUR say NOW on controversial school changes
ILMINSTER NEWS: Council ploughing ahead with controversial school changes

















